Substitute Teachers Needed!
Area schools need substitute teachers for the current school year for school districts located in Clare & Gladwin Counties.
We especially need substitute teachers to assist our professional staff in special needs classrooms. This includes classes at the Area School and our Early Childhood programs.
HCS Substitute Directions
Criminal Records Check Process
Each new applicant is required to complete the Criminal Records Check Information Form, ICHAT Form, and the Criminal Conviction History Form, along with the Livescan Fingerprint Request Form. All applicants need to make arrangements for Livescan fingerprinting at the Clare City Police Department or the Gladwin County Sheriff Department. The police/sheriff department will verify that the prospective new applicant has the proper documentation and payment.
Clare County Sheriff Department
255 W. Main Street
Harrison, MI 48625
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Gladwin County Sheriff Department
501 W. Cedar Avenue
Gladwin, MI 48624
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm (Excluding Holidays)
No appointment needed (Unavailable between 12:00-1:00 pm or 5:00-6:00 pm)
$65.00 - Exact Cash, Check or Money Order made payable to: Gladwin County Sheriff Department
Documentation to bring with You
1. Valid Driver's License, passport or government-issued picture identification.
2. The Livescan Fingerprint Request Form & Fingerprint Release Form from the school.
3. Appropriate payment (exact amount)
- You will have to reschedule your appointment, if you do not have all necessary documentation.
- PCMI will not start your second phase of paperwork until the results are received by HCS.
- PCMI will be notified by HCS once you are accepted by the local districts.
- PCMI will contact you to complete the second phase of paperwork.
- Once PCMI has processed all your paperwork, you and HCS will be notified via e-mail that you are in compliance and may contact Tammy Harcourt.
It is the policy of the Harrison Community Schools that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap or limited English proficiency shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in employment or in any program or activity.